Our team left to Senegal by January 18th. This year we managed to see already 7 newborn calves in Banda and Fathala reserves! And that's a big challenge for our identification team... To find out which females gave birth and thus enrich our studbook with new records, we're sending two more reinforcements to Senegal. Kačka Štochlová and Zuzka...
WESTERN DERBY ELANDSREMAIN ON THE WORLD.
We and our partners are changing it. We are the NGO Derbianus Conservation.
- It is the largest antelope in the world.
- Last wild population lives in the Niokolo Koba national park in Senegal only.
- Less then 200 Western Derby elands remain in the wild.
- The breeding programme in two private Senegalese reserves is the great hope for this antelope. The number of Derby elands managed by our team together with our partners overreached 100 animals in these reserves.
NGO DERBIANUS CONSERVATION
- The NGO associates students, scientists, experts and enthusiasts who want to participate in biodiversity conservation and who are not unconcerned about the fate of the Western Derby eland.
- Africa isn't a distant part of the world for us. Yet it is a part of environment which is the only one in the whole world and by its protection, we ensure a better future for ourselves and for our loved ones all around the world as well.
- We operate at the Faculty of Tropical AgriSciences Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague .
JOIN US AND HELP!
EVERYBODY CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE CONSERVATION
ONE OF THE MOST ENDANGERED SPECIES.
GENERAL PARTNER MAIN PARTNERS